To be productive on the job and know you can depend on your equipment to perform well, 你必须优先考虑发动机的维护. Your engine is the driving force of your excavator, compact track loader or dozer. 没有它在峰值状态下工作, 由于引擎故障，您将冒着牺牲生产力和停机时间的风险.
Jump to Sections:
By following a preventive maintenance plan and being aware of the signs that your engine needs service, 您可以最小化任何昂贵的停机时间. In fact, 90%的引擎故障是可以避免的. That’s why knowing what type of preventive maintenance your diesel engine needs and following a diesel engine maintenance schedule are such critical components of your continued success.
所有的发动机如果保养不好，都容易出故障. Prioritizing engine maintenance is the responsible thing to do as an equipment owner. 这也是一个明智的做法作为一个企业的所有者.
你对设备的引擎保养得越好，它就能为你服务得越久. 发动机处于工作状态的时间越长, the greater return on investment you’ll get as it continues to work at peak performance and make you money.
使您的重型设备具有高性能和长寿命, 你需要对发动机进行适当的预防性维护. Preventive maintenance is maintenance or service that’s performed regularly to prevent equipment failure. Equipment owners conduct preventive maintenance to avoid sudden and unexpected work interruptions due to breakdowns. Preventive maintenance can also help you save on long-term maintenance and repair costs by minimizing the level of damage.
Preventive engine maintenance is especially important since engine failures are expensive to fix and can cause long work stoppages. Equipment owners conduct preventive engine maintenance based on usage or service hours. Equipment manufacturers recommend specific servicing intervals to maintain peak operating performance. 作为Cat®设备拥有者, it’s important to know what the manufacturer’s preventive maintenance recommendations are. Your Operation and Maintenance Manual will tell you what type of maintenance to conduct for your engine and how often. 与有经验的技术人员一起工作也会有所帮助.
这里是一些类别 预防发动机维修 that equipment owners should perform routinely as prescribed by the manufacturer:
- Routine servicing: Performing routine maintenance on your equipment’s diesel engines will keep them working properly. 你的车主手册和经销商将帮助你安排日常服务, 包括更换机油和过滤器, 流体分析和其他关键的维护任务，您的柴油发动机需要. Consult your Operation and Maintenance Manual to determine how often to conduct routine maintenance on your equipment’s engine.
- Cleaning: 设备和引擎在清洁时运转得更好. 在重型环境中，粘稠和污垢会迅速堆积, 所以保持日常清洁是很重要的. 脱脂剂可以帮助去除和溶解结块的油, 在高压冲洗的同时，泥浆和污垢被吹走. 清洁的发动机运转更平稳，所以清洗之间不要等待太久.
- Winterizing: 每年在天气变化前进行, 防冻是绝对关键的，以保持你的引擎全年运行. 为您的发动机添加防冻剂，以适应您的气候, changing your oil over to winter-grade and making sure you’re using an engine warmer. Be sure to consult your Operation and Maintenance Manual as well as your local Cat dealer for more information on winterizing your equipment’s engine specifically.
- 积极的部分替换: 防止发动机故障, you must consistently monitor the condition of your diesel engine parts and replace them before they cause problems. 对于柴油发动机来说，主动更换部件至关重要, 哪些是容易生锈和腐蚀以及经常磨损的. Always use certified diesel engine parts sourced from a reputable Cat dealer and work with a Cat Dealer Technician who can advise on regular parts replacement.
No matter what routine servicing you’re performing as part of preventive engine maintenance, all preventive maintenance programs need to follow a recommended servicing schedule that will maintain high efficiency and reduce the risk of downtime.
Following a diesel engine maintenance schedule is the most critical step in a preventive maintenance plan. At MacAllister Machinery, we supply all equipment owners with detailed manuals and maintenance schedules from the equipment manufacturer. Maintenance schedules describe what servicing needs to be done and at what intervals. 这些是基于平均操作条件的最低建议. You should adjust them based on your operating loads, climate and general work environment.
The prescribed maintenance intervals are designed to protect your investment and your equipment warranty. 延长维护计划以延长使用时间是很诱人的, 但是这样做太频繁会增加发动机最终故障的风险. It’s best to know which activities need to be performed when and stick to that schedule. Always 遵循维护周期计划 在你的猫操作员和维护手册.
It’s easy to keep your focus on standard preventive maintenance issues like regular oil and fluid changes. However, it’s important not to overlook the impact that daily inspections and maintenance can have on your engine’s lifespan. 日常检查可以帮助您熟悉设备, 让你更有可能在早期发现问题. Frequent inspections 也要防止未解决的问题导致其他更严重的问题.
All equipment operators should have and adhere to a pre- and post-operation equipment inspection checklist, 包括一个专门为引擎. 每天留出几分钟, 设备操作员可以延长设备的使用寿命, 减少操作停机时间，提高设备生产率.
Inspect the following engine components each day to maintain your equipment’s health and keep it in productive working condition for longer:
- Battery: 检查电池是否有腐蚀和损坏的迹象，必要时进行更换.
- Cooling systems: 所有的流体，包括冷却剂，都是设备平稳运行的必要条件. 如果你的发动机冷却液水平下降, it could indicate a bigger issue with hoses or filters that needs immediate attention.
- Belts and hoses: Inspect belts for increased wear and tear and debris and replace and clean as needed. 检查软管是否过度磨损、泄漏和腐烂.
- Exhaust: 每天检查您的柴油排气液(DEF)水平是否有低水平警告. If you have to fill the DEF tank, do so from a clean container to prevent contamination.
- Filters: Whether it’s for air, oil or fuel, 每天检查滤清器对防止发动机故障至关重要. Using a Cat空气过滤器服务指示器 can tell you if there’s any airflow resistance so you can extend the life of your filter.
- Turbos: The condition of your equipment’s turbo has a significant impact on engine performance. Inspect the compressor, 涡轮轮和废物门每天，所以你知道你的涡轮状况是在.
- Fuel: 除了检查燃料水平之前和之后的操作, 你应该检查油箱是否有泄漏和损坏. 请始终使用推荐的柴油作为您的设备.
Cat equipment is designed to run on specific parts and systems that optimize Cat diesel engine performance. 这就是为什么它很重要 提供正确的发动机部件 from an authorized Cat dealer that has trained technicians who know what your engine needs. Using the right parts as you maintain and replace your engine components will help ensure your equipment continues to operate at peak performance.
贯穿设备的生命周期, 作为日常预防性维护的一部分, 您的发动机需要主动更换部件. 卡特为其所有设备制造和供应真正的零部件, 包括发动机部件，比如过滤器, belts, 软管和冷却系统组件. Only use Cat genuine parts as you upgrade and replace your engine components to extend your engine’s longevity.
In addition to genuine Cat parts designed for your Cat equipment, Cat also develops Cat Fluids 这样可以保护你的引擎更长时间. Cat Fluids like oils, coolants and grease are safe and reliable and help your equipment perform better. 猫经销商技术人员可以帮助匹配正确的液体到您的设备. They can also recommend a fluid changing schedule for each type of fluid so you’re always operating at high performance.
As an equipment owner, your focus should be on how to protect your investments so they continue to earn you money. 照顾好你的引擎将为你赢得更多的服务时间和更多的利润.
保养得当的引擎能持续更长的时间，这已经不是什么秘密了. Equipment that’s well-cared for and routinely serviced outlasts those that are neglected. 以下是一些提高引擎寿命的方法:
- Reduce idle time: All contractors understand the most common direct impact of idle time — unnecessary fuel costs. But a less obvious effect that idle time has on your bottom line is reduced equipment lifecycle. 空闲时间会增加操作时间, which means your equipment will wear out more quickly and need servicing more frequently. And since operating hours are a key factor in determining your equipment’s value, 减少闲置时间也可以帮助保护你的转售价格. The less idle time, 你的设备运行的总时间越短, 它就越有价值.
- 遵循适当的预防性维护: The ultimate purpose of preventive and routine maintenance is to extend your equipment’s service life. 预防性维护也使您的设备更有效率, 但重要的是要记住，维护是一个长期的策略. The time and money you invest in proper preventive maintenance will pay off in extended engine longevity, 持续的生产力和优化的转售价值.
- Avoid harsh conditions: Cat设备是为重载条件而设计的, as long as you don’t overuse your equipment and follow the recommended maintenance schedule. Still, avoiding or minimizing operation during extreme weather conditions can significantly lengthen your engine’s life. Always use fluids and additives designed for harsh conditions and be sure to fully winterize your engine before harsh conditions strike.
- Train operators: 设备是按某种方式建造的, 熟练的操作人员可以做很多事情来防止不必要的磨损. Ensure that your operators are properly trained to operate your particular model and are leveraging Cat technology to operate the equipment efficiently.
- 按预期使用设备: Using the right size equipment for the job is another way to preserve your engine’s lifespan. 如果你使用的设备尺寸过小, 那么你的设备就会比它需要的工作更辛苦, 这增加了引擎的磨损. 在开始操作设备之前，一定要了解工作要求, 不要冒任何不必要的风险.
- 安装正品Cat部件: If you want to keep your equipment engines running smoothly for years to come, it’s vital that you 只使用真正的猫部件. Cat filters, batteries and coolants are designed specifically for your Cat equipment. All Cat components work together as a system and are the best way to extend your engine’s life cycle. Whether you follow a do-it-yourself approach or you work with your local dealer, 零件更换应始终从授权的Cat供应商处采购.
每天检查你的设备并不一定是一项艰巨的任务. The more you get into the habit of examining your engine regularly, the easier it will become. Daily engine inspections keep your productivity levels steady and reduce your repair costs in the long run. 它也为你的全体船员创造了一个更安全，更可靠的工作环境. 你对发动机进行日常检查的次数就越多, the faster you’ll recognize the early warning signs that your engine needs service.
成为一个好的设备所有者意味着正确维护你的设备. 这也意味着要熟悉它，这样你就可以马上发现问题. 如果你能快速识别出引擎问题的迹象, you can either troubleshoot them on the spot or have a technician address them before it’s too late. Ignoring signs of engine trouble is a costly mistake to make since engine failure is highly preventable. 请务必熟悉以下内容 表明你的引擎需要检修.
1. New Warning Lights
你的设备是用来让你知道哪里出了问题的. 诊断技术可以提醒您任何需要解决的紧急问题. 如果你看到一个新的引擎警示灯，你需要迅速行动.
无数的变量会导致警示灯熄灭. 警告灯可能会提醒您的问题与您的油位和压力, 是电池还是燃油喷射系统. 重要的是不要忽视任何引擎警告灯, 即使它们可能是系统错误的结果. Get into the habit of regularly conducting on-site care each time a warning light appears, 一定要把你的设备拿进去定期维修. These maintenance practices will help control engine variables that may cause these warning lights to come on.
2. Engine Stalls
An engine stall or a hard start is a massive red flag and an indicator that your engine needs service. 这个问题拖得越久, the higher the risk of a complete engine failure and an expensive repair or replacement.
如果你的设备过度使用，没有定期保养, it can cause significant wear on engine parts that may give out during an engine start. Difficulty starting your engine could be due to malfunctioning components, like the battery. 这也可能是因为传动液的问题, 过滤器堵塞或喷射或压缩机问题.
运行定期诊断测试, 然后执行正确的服务, is the best way to catch an issue early on and prevent warning signs like stalls and hard starts.
Your equipment is always talking to you and letting you know how it’s working and what it needs. 不要忽视引擎声音的任何变化.
When you do hear changes in an engine’s sounds, power off the equipment right away. 彻底检查设备的所有主要部件，包括发动机. 你的设备可能正在经历过度使用. 也可能有一个故障或损坏的部件需要更换.
如果你确实听到了奇怪的声音，最好不要猜测原因是什么. 相反，把你的设备拿去做专业检查. 发动机故障的风险实在太高了.
4. Changes in Exhaust
Your equipment’s exhaust is a major indicator of the overall health of your engine. 当你的发动机有问题时，你的排气可能会改变颜色或气味. 如果控制不当，柴油废气可能对健康造成严重危害. 如果你注意到废气有什么变化, 为了您的船员和设备的健康，请立即停止操作.
If exhaust fumes change color and become thick, it could indicate a few different issues. Commonly, it’s just an issue with a dirty, clogged air filter and overused engine exhaust filters. 你可以快速而轻松地解决这个问题. However, 废气的变化也可能表明废气再循环的问题, 通风和氧气传感器读数. 您可以进行真空计测试来诊断或排除问题, and always replace your air filters at the recommended service intervals to prevent exhaust issues.
发动机维修是设备所有权的一个重要方面. It’s a worthwhile investment in time and money, as it helps you get more from your equipment. As an equipment owner, prioritizing preventive engine maintenance will reduce costly downtime and make your equipment more efficient.
有一个可靠的经销商，你可以快速合作, accurate and convenient preventive maintenance work will ensure you’re getting the best level of service possible. It will also minimize job disruptions and help you maximize your investments in your equipment.
At MacAllister Machinery, we have highly trained technicians available who are truly experts in their field. They can troubleshoot your engine issues and make recommendations for regular service intervals based on your usage levels and work environment. They’ll work with you to protect your investment and get you back in operation as quickly as possible.